Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Actin' Up

Since Wednesday is the 4th of July, I'm doing a video breakdown today. Apparently there is a theme of taking someone from the last video breakdown and including them in the current one. Today, we have Meek Mill and Wale, ft French Montana in Actin Up.

           

(0:00-0:08) We are hot right out the gates here. Good to see another black and white video. Keep up the creativity. Also we set a new record for guy I don't know in the video. Impressive.


(0:09-0:11) The Untouchable Maybach Empire is back. I really do love that name.

(0:16-0:20) We now know who is responsible for the black and white, Mr. Boomtown. He is the visualizor of this video. I guess directed by is just to boring.

(0.35-0:36) Yes that was Meek Mill in the last video breakdown. Great guess by me.

(0:46-0:47) Wow, an Edgerrin James reference. That's not dated at all.

(0:52-0:58) Group shot. I have no idea who some of these guys are. Nice beard on the one guy though.

(1:10-1:11) Quads, I haven't seen those since a DMX video. Good hustle.

(1:17-1:20) Did Meek Mill just say Omarion, I hope he's one of the guys in the group shot.

(1:22-1:23) Are these the hos that be actin up?

(1:27-1:29) More quad tricks.

(1:36-1:37) Some 2 Chainz dance moves by Meek Mill and the unnamed hook singer. Did anyone really think we'd get through a video breakdown without a mention of 2 Chainz.

(1:41-1:45) Even better quad tricks.

(1:53-2:00) Wale's turn. I like that both he and the unnamed hook singer are wearing sunglasses. Take a good look at Wale. He's fat right? That's why you don't tuck your t-shirt in.

(2:04-2:08) Wale and Meek Mill both embrace the goatee. Hmmmmmm.

(2:09-2:16) Wale is singing in the group shot, and he let his hair down. He also looks less fat.

(2:21-2:24) I doubt Wale is hanging up on any girls.

(2:25-2:55) Another time through the chorus. I really want to know who unnamed hook singer is. If it's someone famous I'm going to be embarrassed. Also, more quad tricks, and group dancing.

(2:56-2:57) French Montana you're up. I don't think his pants could be any lower, or he has the longest torso ever.

(2:58-3:11) French is rapping with sunglasses too. Meek Mill, you really dropped the ball here.

(3:23-3:24) French Montana doing the "make it rain" move. That always gets the crowd going.

(3:35-3:38) I am really impressed by these quad tricks.

(3:40-4:00) More of the chorus. As we get close to the end, I didn't hear one "Maybach Music" drop. That's kinda weird. Fade out.

That was a fun video. Mr. Boomtown is not the most original of visualizors, but he got the job down. Next week's video breakdown will be popping off (that was a hint).

No comments:

Post a Comment