Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

The Motto - Drake featuring Lil Wayne & Tyga

It's been awhile since I did one of these. Unfortunately, I haven't missed much. I assume everyone is just holding out on releasing new videos to make sure the Olympics don't overshadow them. Who knows? In today's video breakdown, we keep the continuity streak alive, and keep Drake atop the video breakdown leader board. It's an oldie, but a goodie, The Motto by Drake featuring Lil Wayne and Tyga.

 
(0:00-0:25) Everyone always asks who the lady at the beginning of this video is. From my dutiful research, I'm pretty sure it's Mac Dre's mom. Oh, you don't know who Mac Dre is?

(0:27-0:29) Lil Wayne, I'm always happy to see you. He's like the grown up version of 2 Chainz. Not sure which one of them that was a compliment to.

(0:30-0:31) Is Drake wearing head to toe Dodger's gear? This might be the best outfit Drake has worn in a video breakdown.

(0:34-0:38) Drake is driving around the city with his batting gloves on. If I remember correctly that means he's looking to fight.

(0:39-0:41) Remember, it's "Spanish girls love me like I'm Aventura" not "Spanish girls love me because I'm on Twitter".

(0:42-0:43) Drake, we saw what happened when you were out in what I assume to be Miami.

(0:49-0:50) Is that E-40 in the background?

(0:57-1:00) That is E-40, and thank God these cats from The Bay didn't see Drake in his Dodgers gear.

(1:01-1:28) This video is just Drake driving around The Bay. It's getting real repetitive, real fast.

(1:29-1:30) Superimposed dancing over the old Bay Bridge. I guess they wasted the budget on mounting a camera to Drake's car.

(1:43-1:46) Wayne's turn. It looks like he will just be rapping in front of a car. That might actually be more boring that watching Drake drive and rap.

(1:52-2:10) And now I need to apologize. Not only do we get some fun Lil Wayne dance moves; he is ghost riding the whip. That's pretty awesome. 

(2:30-2:35) It's the chorus, that means we get more superimposed dancing. Still not cool.

(2:36-2:44) More Lil Wayne dancing and ghost riding. I'm a happy camper.

(2:45-2:46) Welcome to the video breakdowns Tyga. Also, I'm an idiot. That was Tyga in the Dodgers gear.

(2:47-3:22) Tyga's other outfit for his verse is incredible. Unbuttoned gold shirt with nothing underneath, backwards snap back, sunglasses, and a champagne bottle. Perfection. He is just performing on stage during his verse. Surprise, surprise Drake driving a car was the most interesting thing in this video.

(3:23-3:57) More of the same as we go through the chorus again. Quick cuts between our cast of characters, and more E-40.

Although not a lot happened in the video, it was still somehow entertaining. Hopefully, there will be some new, "good", videos next week. If all goes as planned there will be something new next week as well.

If you liked the breakdown, or even if you didn't leave a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment